We take pride in our school and our students, and we think it is important that is reflected in how our students look as they go about their studies.
Our uniform is aimed at giving students a professional and purposeful outlook, reducing bullying by removing expensive branded items and giving a sense of community and belonging.
Our uniform consists of:
- Black blazer with the Great Yarmouth Charter Academy badge on the pocket
- Plain white shirt or blouse with collar
- School tie
- Plain white, grey or black socks; or flesh, grey, or black plain unpatterned tights. Knee socks are not allowed
- Plain grey knee length box pleat skirt; or plain grey trousers in slim, standard, or comfort fit
- Flat black leather-type shoes with enclosed toe and heel
- Belts should be plain back or grey with a small buckle
Pupils are not allowed to wear the following:
- Hooded tops of the type that are often referred to as 'hoodies'
- Trousers with very tight-fitting legs, jeans, leggings, jeggings, jogging or tracksuits, pin-stripe or cords
- Skirts above knee length or excessively tight skirts
We recommend that pupila also have a sturdy backpack, these are available from our supplier and are black with the Great Yarmouth Charter Academy logo. Pupils should have at least 3 black pens, 2 sharp pencils and a ruler.
If pupils are found to be wearing the incorrect uniform or inappropriate clothing we will contact parents to resolve the issue. Students may be sent home to change and we may issue sanctions if the uniform is not as listed above, or if it is worn incorrectly.
Full school uniform should be worn correctly on the way to school, throughout the school day, and on the journey home.
Standard PE kit
Every pupil is expected to get changed for PE even if they cannot participate fully in the practical aspects for example through illness or injury, as they can take on the role of an official, coach or helper for the lesson. All kit must be clearly marked with the pupil's name and form.
Jewellery must not be worn during PE lessons as it poses a health and safety risk and can be lost or damaged, and long hair must be tied back.
our PE uniform consists of:
- Red polo shirt with logo
- Black shorts with logo
- Black football socks
- Training shoes with a non-marking sole. Black soled shoes cannot be worn unless they have a non-marking sole
- Black jumper with logo / red microfleece with logo (optional)
- Football boots (optional)
- Plain swimming trunks or above the knee swimming shorts; or one-piece swimming costume (bikinis or similar are not acceptable)
Pupils may also choose to wear optional black tracksuit bottoms. Plain under layers are also encouraged in cold weather. any logos should be very subtle and hidden.
Where to buy
The academy uniform is available from Harrison's Schoolwear, at 73 Southtown Road, Great Yarmouth. Please see their website for further details:
Other suppliers are acceptable as long as the colour and style exactly match those of Harrisons. If you are unsure whether a particular style is acceptable, please contact the school before buying.
Jewellery, makeup and hairstyles
Pupils may wear a simple watch and up to one pair of small ear studs (one stud by ear lobe) only. No other jewellery is permitted. If students have any other visible piercings any jewellery or retainers they must be removed during the school day.
Pupils may wear a small amount of discreet makeup in natural colours, but the academy may ask students to remove any makeup staff consider inappropriate. Nail varnish or extensions are not permitted.
Hair should be kept neat and tidy and any hair accessories should be small, plain, and grey or black coloured only. Extreme hairstyles - shaved emblems or lines, unnatural colour dyes, or extreme differences in length - are not allowed. As examples, this includes:
- Noticeably longer tops that are not layered in and combined with sharply contrasting sides and back
- Overgrown, heavy fringes brushed forward onto the face
- High top styles of excessive height
- Shaven parting lines
- Hair that is teased to give excessive height
- Any variation on a Mohican style
If you are unsure whether a hairstyle or piercing meets our uniform guide, please contact the academy for guidance before any treatment.