- News & Dates
- Santa Run Raises £2854 for East Anglia’s Childre...
Santa Run Raises £2854 for East Anglia’s Children’s HospicesBack
Yesterday at Great Yarmouth Charter Academy a presentation took place to confirm the money raised for East Anglia’s Children's Hospices as part of the annual Santa Run in December.
This winter the PE department at Great Yarmouth Charter Academy has joined up with East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) for their annual Santa run to raise funds for the charity. EACH is a charity that works across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk to support families and care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
Paul Andrews, The Head of PE at GYCA said:
“Every year it blows me away with the generosity of our pupils and families. The Santa runs are our biggest events achieving support from all pupils and many staff. They also form part of our house competitions and are a great way to finish the first term just before Christmas. We are massively grateful for all the support and it is a great team effort that makes it so successful.“
This year the event was held on the 12th of December 2022 on Great Yarmouth Seafront. Pupils from Great Yarmouth Charter Academy got involved with the event and Years 7-10 supported the charity and took part in the run.
Staff and pupils have raised £2854.67 this year with all donations going directly to EACH.
A spokesperson for EACH said:
“We are incredibly grateful for the support from Great Yarmouth Charter Academy from their annual Santa runs. We only get 16% funding from the government with the other 84% being fundraised and donated. So this money is vital.“
We would like to thank all of our pupils and staff involved in the event and a huge thanks to all who donated to this amazing charity.